If you enjoy this site
please consider making a donation.
Add Your Story
Add Your Photos
Airfields of WW2
Prisoner of War
Secrets of WWII
Ships of WWII
Women at War
Those Who Served
The Great War
How to add Memories
Add Your Memories
Can you Answer?
School Study Center
Your Family History
Visit where They Served
World War 2 Two II WW2 WWII
- The Imperial War Museum
- Valour and Honour Canada at war
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Bletchley Park Home of the wartime codebreakers
- Bletchely Take a tour of Bletchely Park
- Bletchley Park Museum The academic website
- Garats Hay The Royal British Legion Branch for the Y Services
- WAE Excellent WW2 site with a good message board for research
- Stalag VIIA Prisoner of War Camp An informative site with links to other similar camps
- 57 Rescue Web site of 57 Rescue, Halifax Bomber preservation group
- NEEACR Aviation Archaeology in Northern England
- ACIA Aviation Archaeology.
- The North Easterner Magazine A guide to local and family history in the North East of England
- Thornaby Aerodrome Take an on-line tour of the site
- Dad`s War Help on finding your Dad`s story
- RAF Commands
- World War II plus 55 A very detailed site with day by day events of the war
- World War Two Links A good selection of links
- Memphis Belle.com
- The Home Guard Interesting site dedicated to those who would heve defended England in the invasion that never happened
- The Deception Campaign
- Haunted Airfields
- ServicePals.com seek out old friends and keep in touch
- French Aces of WW2
- German Armed forces in WW2
- The Third Reich Fact Book
- The World War Two Web site association
- Life in Bomber Command
- Tom Fletcher`s WW2 memories
- 50 Years on
- The Local History Press
- N.E.of England WWII 'Diary'.
- Ivor White`s Irish Guards Web Site
- USS Landing Craft Infantry National Association Read stories from the crews of the LCI`s of World War Two
- Armed Services Assistance Centre, Australia.
- Polish Aviation History Web Site
- No. 19 O.T.U RAF
- U-boat net, a superb site dedicated to the U-boat.
- Westall's War - an examination of the worst bombing raid in NE England
- Memoirs of Russian WWII Veterans
- DIE GEBIRGSTRUPPENGebirgsjager Mountain Troops during World War Two
- AncientFaces Online photo genealogy
- Search the World on this interactive map service.
- 460 Squadron RAAF
- World War II, a British Focus
- The Battle of Arnhem
- Details of the battles of WW2
- Site dedicated to the Home Front During World War Two.
- Comprehensive descriptions and images of Australian [British] War Medals from the Boxer Rebellion through to East Timor
- The story of a Norwegian sailor in prison camps in North Africa
- Books dealing with the air war over NE England, 1939-45
- The site is dedicated to those who served in a Civil Defence role in World War 2
- French site on D-day
- Keep`em Moving The Queens Own Cameron Highlanders
- WW2 D-Day
- Ramrod Books An excellent selection of Battle of Britain books.
- Time spent with armour A personal history of Alfred Gritton, a regular soldier in WW2
- Harry Tate`s Navy (The history of the Royal Naval Patrol Service) -- Award winning web site dedicated to the veterans of the RNPS
- 211 Squadron RAF 1938-1942 211 Squadron in North Africa, Greece and Palestine
- Profile For Love Novel written by and based on the World War II experiences of Johnny Palmo Vizari,a D-Day and Utah beach survivor
- Feldgrau.comGerman military history research site
- WW2 Images
- Sabre-Toothed Tiger Squadron
- The Allied Merchant Navy of World War Two Website
- With the North Irish Horse in World War Two
- BRITISH & COMMONWEALTH PRISONERS OF WAR HELD IN JAVA 1942-1945
- The International Raoul Wallenberg Foundation (IRWF)
- Unofficial United States Merchant Marine website A very interesting site with many stories.
- WW2 Hastings An excellent website with tales of the war by Noel Care.
- 20th Century Defence Architecture In Cumbria
- The "Communications Flight", RAF Habbaniya, Iraq.
- SNAG 56 / Naval Base Hospital No. 12
- Army Ships -- The Ghost Fleet South West Pacific Area (SWPA)
- Your Memories.co.uk Website for British Memories of any era.
- Echoes From the Past
- SSAFA The national charity helping serving and ex-Service men, women and their families, in need.
- Battle of Lingevres
- Built Only For BattleThe story of Station 414 of the 9th Air Force, United States Army, the wartime advanced landing ground located at Winkton in Hampshire, United Kingdom
- WORLD WAR II MEMORIES
- World War II Living Memorial.
- Forces Reunited.
- The virtual aviation museum
- The Halifax Restoration Project
- Profiles of the Few
- The Women's Land Army in WWII and After
- The Photgraphs of Harold Davis Pointon
- World War 2 Links
- Battlefield ToursFor anyone interested in undertaking trips to Battlefield sites or personal visits to Cemeteries in Europe , the War Research Society offer a friendly and unbeatable service. Unlike most of the other organisations that operate, they are a volunteer, charitable organisation and not a holiday company. Trips to famous places such as Colditz and the Dambuster Dams, Arnhem, The Somme and the Ardennes as well as others. These are lead by knowledgeable guides.
- findanold.com not just a people finder it also contains, forums, a rogues gallery, discussion groups, and a fast developing and comprehensive links directory which aims to point you in the right direction whatever help, information and advice you are looking for.
- The Force Z Survivors Association website
- HMS Hood Association website
- WW2 RAF Groundcrew
- The Patriot FilesHuge archive of military history.
- RECITS OF SECOND WORLD WAR (In French) English Translation
- Zwolle 1940-1945 (In Dutch)
- Ships Company dedicated to reuniting Royal Navy and Royal Marines past and present
- The Royal Observer Corps
- MOD Reunited Lost contact? Ever wondered what your old colleagues are up to? The safe, secure and completely free way to get back in touch.
- Northallerton Memorials Project
- War-Memorials.orgA growing database of information
- Flying Visit A walk around an Advanced Landing Ground.
- Australian Fighter Pilot
- Olive and EricA glimpse of family life as it really was, based on letters between young leicester couple during the war.
- The Association of Liberation ChildrenRenders assistance to the descendants of soldiers from the Second World War in the search for their fathers and/or relatives.
- Familiar VoicesWW2 RAF Memoir featuring life as aircrew in a Bristol Blenheim.
- Best Of British MagazineBritain's favourite nostalgia monthly magazine.
- Prisoner of Wara site about the experiences of the Allied Prisoner of War
- East Lothian at War
- WAR GRAVES & BATTLEFIELDS TOUR 2002 Picture Galleries Contain Over 60 Photographs of Memorials Taken During The Week.
- Hidden tales of the black home front
- The Balloon Barrage Reunion Club Website
- Victoria Seymour Letters from Lavender Cottage - Hastings in WW2 and Austerity.A Hastings, World War 2 and post-war social history, told through the discovered letters of Emilie Crane to her cousin in Canada.
- 749TH TANK BATTALION
- Mandalay Gallery Photos of old Burma.
- London, Battersea to Hawkley Hampshire 1939 Evacuees Site
- Sawbridgeworth Firebrigade at War
- 39 - 45 Association online
- ComradesandColleagues.com Provides a search service for military personnel and military units in the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Listing over 5000 military units.
- The Lifestory Companywrite and publish your memoirs with the Lifestory Company. "If you ever wondered who would love to read your memoirs. Just ask your children" If you are placing an order with the Lifestory Company, please quote reference code ww2 and they will pay 10% commission to keep this site running.
- Memories of a 1940`s childhood
- LOCAL AVIATION HISTORY of Bedfordshire and North East Scotland
- AIRCREW LOSSES OF THE RAAF
- Allies in War
- The Pilots of 41 Squadron RAF, 1939-1945
- North China Marines
- Kilroy Was Here - Unknown stories and forgotten places. WWII & Korean war Secrets. Unknown stories revealed & places rediscovered Personal stories of combat & home front, legends, Gremlins and foofighters.
- The Swiss Internees Association Website
- Lilies on the Land the extraordinary stories of four individual Land Girls through an English agricultural year during World War II.
- Aircraft crashes on the North York Moors
- The British War Memorial Project
- The Evacuee Reunion Website
- Save the remains of RAF Cranage
- Cooking Behind Barbed Wire
- 279th U.S.Station Hospital in Wales
- 279th STATION HOSPITAL in Berlin in 1945
- D-Day Museum, Portsmouth, UK
- RAF Millom.co.uk
- Canada Aviation Museum
- Canadian Air Aces and Heroes
- Canadian Letters and Images Project
- Canadian Navy of Yesterday and Today
- Canadian Virtual War Memorial
- Canadian War Museum
- Canadian War Poster Collection
- Canvas of War--Masterpieces from the Canadian War Museum
- RCAF.com: History and Heritage of Canada's Air Force
- Veterans Affairs Canada: The Second World War
- Sentimental Journey Store selling WW2 replica and genuine items.
- The Hudson Bomber
- Comrades and Colleagues
- Findon during the First and Second World Wars.
- War Memorial Transcripts
- Exeter Memories
- "Rector's Weekly" WWII newsletters
- THE 1901 CENSUS FOR ENGLAND & WALES
- Pilots of the North East of England.
- The Bath Blitz Memorial Project
- China Days 1944-1945
- Flying Bombs and Rockets
- Archives of Ontario Remembers the Home Front
- Canada in WWII (Juno Beach Centre)
- Canadian Military Heritage Gateway
- Canadian newspapers and the Second World War
- Canadian War Industry During the Second World War
- CBC Archives: Conflict and War
- Remembrances: Canada and the Second World War (Virtual Museum of Canada)
- Testaments of Honour: 1939 to 1945
- Through a Lens: Dieppe in Photography and Film
- Swing Blitz Louis 1940's Swing & Wartime Professional Vocalist
- Royal Air Force Bomb Disposal Association
- Harry's Tale
- The Military Collectors' Club of Canada
- Harry's Tale
- RAF History Books
- Hemyock Residents Remember WWII
If you know of a website which would enhance this links page please use the form provided or contact us by E-mail
The elderly parking lot attendant wasn't in a good mood! Neither was Sam Bierstock. It was around 1 a.m., and Bierstock, a Delray Beach, FL eye doctor, business consultant, corporate speaker and musician, was bone tired after appearing at an event. He pulled up in his car, and the parking attendant began to speak. "I took two bullets for this country and look what I'm doing," he said bitterly.
At first, Bierstock didn't know what to say to the World War II veteran. But he rolled down his window and told the man, "Really, from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you
Then the old soldier began to cry.
"That really got to me," Bierstock says.
Cut to today. Bierstock, 58, and John Melnick, 54, of Pompano Beach and a member of Bierstock's band, Dr. Sam and the Managed Care Band, have written a song inspired by that old soldier in the airport parking lot. The mournful "Before You Go" does more than salute those who fought in WWII. It encourages people to go out of their way to thank the aging warriors before they die.
"If we had lost that particular war, our whole way of life would have been shot," says Bierstock, who plays harmonica. "The WW II soldiers are now dying at the rate of about 2,000 every day. I thought we needed to thank them."
The song is striking a chord. Within four days of Bierstock placing it on the Web http://www.beforeyougo.us, the song and accompanying photo essay have bounced around nine countries.
One veteran's son sent an e-mail saying that only after his father consumed several glasses of wine would he discuss "the unspeakable horrors" he and other soldiers had witnessed in places such as Anzio , Iwo Jima, Bataan and Omaha Beach . "I can never thank them enough," the son wrote. "Thank you for thinking about them."
Bierstock and Melnick thought about shipping it off to a professional singer, maybe a Lee Greenwood type, but because time was running out for so many veterans, they decided it was best to release it quickly, for free, on the Web. They've sent the song to Sen. John McCain and others in Washington . Already they have been invited to perform it in Houston for a Veterans Day tribute - this after just a few days on the Web. They hope every veteran in America gets a chance to hear it.
God Bless EVERY veteran and THANK YOU to those of you veterans who may receive this !
Click the link below to hear the song and see the pictures and then share it and send it to everyone you know!:
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation.
This website is run out of our own pockets and from donations made by visitors. The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
Or if you would like to send a cheque please email us for the postal address..
Website © Copyright MM-MMIXI
- All Rights Reserved