If you enjoy this site
please consider making a donation.
Search this site:
Index of Memories.
Index of Photographs
Prisoner of War
Secret Places of WW2
Ships of WWII
Women at War
World War One
How to add Memories
Add Your Memories
Can you Answer?
View the Guestbook
Sign the Guestbook
Printable Memories Form
School`s Study Center
Your Family History
World War 2 Two II WW2 WWII
RAF Ingham was a Bomber Command station from 1942 to 45, an all-grass airfield which served as a satellite for Hemswell. The 18 May, 1942 saw the arrival of 300 Polish Masovian Squadron from RAF Hemswell operating Wellington bombers. They were joined on 23 July, 1942 by the 305 Polish Ziemia Wielkopolska Squadron also flying Wellingtons. The 3 February, 1943 saw the arrival of 199 Squadron from RAF Blyton. 300 Squadron left for Hemswell 31 January, 1943 to convert to Lancasters followed by 305 on 20 June, 1943. 199 Squadron left for RAF Lakenheath on 20 June, 1943. The station then became home to 1481 (Bomber) Gunnery Flight until the end of the conflict. In 1944 the station was renamed RAF Cammeringham. The station was later used for the resettlement of Polish aircrews.
Squadrons stationed at RAF Ingham
- No: 300 Polish Masovian Squadron from 22 Jun 1943
- 305 Polish Squadron from 18 May 1942 to 31 Jan 1943 and 22 Jun 1943 to 1 Mar 1944
- No: 199 Squadron from 3 Feb 1943 to 20 Jun 1943
- 1481 (Bomber) Gunnery Flight 20 Jun 1943 onwards
I am looking to try and find photos of Ingham airfield (Cameringham) and out lying buildings to compare as the contropl tower is in need of repair please help Neil Ferguson
PhotographsIf you have any Photographs you would like to share please get in touch.
List of those who served here.
- Sgt F J Buda. 300 Polish Squadron (d.31 Aug 1943.)
- Warrant Officer Ernest Tim Eaton. W/Op 199 Sqd.
- Sgt J Hmenia. 300 Polish Squadron
- Sgt I Konderak. 300 Polish Squadron (d.22/08/1942)
- W/Cdr Kazimierz Konopasek 305 Polish Squadron
- Sgt H Kowalski. 300 Polish Squadron
- Leon Osmialowski. 300 Polish Squadron (d.31 Aug 1943.)
- F/Lt A Steininger. 300 Polish Squadron (d.31 Aug 1943.)
- P/O S Sweich. 300 Polish Squadron (d.31 Aug 1943.)
- Sgt W Vandalli. 300 Polish Squadron
- Sgt M J Zabal. 300 Polish Squadron (d.31 Aug 1943.)
- F/O Kazimierz Zakrzewski-Rusiski. 300 Polish Squadron
If you have any names to add to this list, or any recollections or photos of those listed, please get in touch.
If you have a story which you would like to share, or a website dedicated to an airfield or aircrew, please get in touch.
Send an E-mail to The Wartime Memories Project
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation.
This website is run out of our own pockets and from donations made by visitors. The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
Or if you would like to send a cheque please email us for the postal address..
Website and ALL Material © Copyright MM
- All Rights Reserved